Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2007

musings about US

i love you.
i love the way you love me.
i love the way you need me.
i love the way you teach me to need you.
i love how you make me listen to the humming of your soul.
i love how you make me taste the saltiness of your tears.
i love how you trust me with your life.
i love the way you teach me how to lean on you.
i love the way you say, "you can't get rid of me"
i love the way you make me feel vulnerable.
i love the strength you give me.
i love the way you kiss me and say i love you.
but i hate how empty i feel when you're not there.

i look back at what we have done together and what we have accomplished and it makes me proud of you. i can just imagine how hard it must have been. how crazy and fast it must have seemed. but you never let go and you're still holding my hand. shielding me from the hail and storm, telling me that things will be alright. and i know it will be...and i'll hang on, as long as you are there.

kiss my forehead and bid me goodnight...i pray that you'll be beside me the next time i open my eyes.

No comments: